Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Own Backyard

For months now, I've spent hours reading about what's what in New Zealand. I've sifted through the fluff, and decided what was on the must-do list, the wouldn't-it-be-nice-to-do list, and the damn-I'm-too-pregnant-to-do list. While undertaking this research, one cannot help but think of all the interesting places and activities that I've yet to experience in both Canada and the US. It could be something as simple as a day-trip to the Lusk Caves in Gatineau Park or visiting Boldt Castle in 1000 Islands. Alternately, I'd love to visit Jasper National Park in Alberta, the Grand Canyon in Nevada, or return to Gros Morne in Newfoundland. There are cities on my wish list too - Quebec, New Orleans, and San Francisco are all near the top of the list. The challenge, of course, is to balance the desire to see my own backyard with the desire to experience other countries. Perhaps alternating vacations are the answer...one vacation in Canada, one vacation abroad. Now if only we could win the lotto...

No comments: