Monday, September 22, 2008

Things I Miss, Volume I

Above all, I miss family and friends but in the spirit of frivolity, I publish my first list of things I miss:
  1. My Kitchen; Not only do I miss the fabulous layout of my new kitchen, but all the amenities too. Here I make do with the barest of utensils, my one mixing bowl and struggle to operate the fanbake.
  2. Driving; I admit it, I'm terrified to drive on the left. I've driven twice in the last month, both times less than a kilometer. I suppose I'll need to get over this eventually, but no rush - there's lots of months left to figure it out.
  3. Coca-cola; As my most notable vice, I gave up my workday Coke when I moved to NZ. After three weeks, I indulged myself on one particularly exhausting day only to discover that the NZ formula is not the same as the one I know and love back home :-(
  4. Goldfish Crackers; Mikaela threw herself to the floor and cried when I told her that they didn't sell Goldfish here. There doesn't even seem to exist a alternative, a la Gators, it's straight crackers only in this land.

That's all folks...so far.

No comments: