Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It takes Two.

Marathon check. Baby next.

Naive, I know that now. Yet, I truly believed that it would be that easy. Although Dave was reluctant, he did appear committed in those early months and then, unbeknownst to me, began the New Zealand Effect. Dave didn't want a Kiwi baby, not that he doesn't like Kiwis, it was the fear of juggling a newborn, a three-year old, and a sleep-deprived wife in a foreign country with no family. Although I would continue trying, it would become painfully obvious that my attempts at trickery were no match for a man with the above fears.

Finally, as we entered December, he relented. He'd done the math, any babies conceived from here on in would be born back in the security of our Canadian Public Health Care System, with my Federal Government Maternity Benefits, and the help of wonderful family and friends. Our South Island vacation resulted not only in some fabulous memories and great pictures, but Baby Stachon is on their way. Finally ;-)

3 comments:

Some kind of Mom said...

Yay Kari! I'm SO happy for you guys.

Lara said...

Woohoo! Congratulations!! Due date? Think there's just one? ;) hehe

Tony Fisher said...

This is fab news Kari! All the best to you all...